Senior Exploration Geologist - Australia Created on 20/04/2012 10:45:28
An exciting career positions exists for a SeniorExploration Geologist to join a reputable Australian junior mining company
Senior Exploration Geologist - Australia
· Salary Package $AUD130-160K + superannuation @ 9%
· Perth based
An exciting career positions exists for a Senior Exploration Geologist to join a reputable Australian junior mining company. Reporting to the Exploration Manager, you would be a key player in an expert team. This “one – off” opportunity is being offered to the committed candidate who seeks growth and development with a dynamic company.
Our client holds six projects in the Murchison District of Western Australia covering highly prospective areas within the gold endowed, yet under explored, Murchison Province. Active exploration is currently underway for lode-gold mineralisation. This has been a major gold producing province in the past with gold production in the order of 8 million ounces.
The successful candidate will have a tertiary qualification Geology as well as a minimum of five years relevant experience.
The following skills and experience are essential:
· ‘Greenfields’ gold (orogenic/lode) and/or base metal (VMS) exploration experience
· African or Australian experience – i.e. knowledge of problems associated with weathered rocks (regolith)
· Computer literacy – MapInfo/Discover, Micromine, etc
· Working knowledge/ability to interpret variety of geophysical techniques – magnetic, gravity, EM
· Field-orientation – i.e. ‘on-ground’ field work, including supervision of drill rigs (if required)
· Management and mentoring experience of field staff
The successful candidate will be assisted with relocation, visa & initial accommodation costs.