GDG’s Offshore Team
Gavin and Doherty Geosolutions (GDG) have experienced a significant increase in the demand for our services in the offshore wind sector in recent years. These projects typically involve site investigation management; geological, geophysical, and geotechnical interpretation and foundation / substructure design. To address the increased workload in the offshore sector, we are therefore currently looking for candidates with a range of experience levels from design engineer through to principal engineer / director level.
Offshore Geotechnical Design Engineer (3-7 years’ experience)
Offshore Geotechnical Senior Engineer (7-15 years’ experience)
Offshore Principal / Director (15 years +)
Design Engineer – Offshore Geotechnical (3-7 years’ experience)
- Site Investigation and Survey Management ;
- Preparation of Geotechnical Specifications ;
- Geotechnical and Geological Deskstudies ;
- Site assessments and geotechnical interpretation ;
- Geotechnical Risk Management ;
- Manage Laboratory test campaigns, specification of lab tests and reviewing reports ;
- Foundation design including jackup assessment, pile-soil-interaction and pile driveability ;
- Ground model development ;
- Integrating geophysical and geotechnical data ;
- Project Management
- GDG are looking for a suitable candidate with prior experience working as a geotechnical engineer. The ideal candidate will hold a technical background within geotechnical/civil engineering, combined with 3-7 years’ of geotechnical experience within the offshore wind, oil or gas industry. In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Experience in geotechnical software packages (AGS Data, Kingdom, HOLEBASE, ArcGiS, etc)
- Experience with Matlab software preferable ;
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office software (including Powerpoint and MS Project) ;
- Experience in Project/People Management;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
For more details please click here
How to Apply / Contact:
Applications including CV should be emailed to the following address: email@example.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.