An exciting opportunity to join Ireland’s leading independent manufacturer of concrete construction materials. We are currently looking for an experienced Contracts Manager for our Precast Concrete Division.
The position will be responsible for the coordination of all project disciplines in conjunction with our Site and Production Manager across multiple sites, managing the delivery of high-quality material and service.
This is a diverse role which will include the remote management of operational teams whilst delivering the overall business objectives through contract negotiation and strategic management of projects.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Sourcing Site crews for complete frame instillation
- Management of site crews on all projects
- Management of all lift operations
- Liaising with clients, architects and structural engineer.
- Working with production manager to ensure smooth operation of contracts.
- Ensure production drawings are completed to meet timelines.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of subcontract supply firms with Kilsaran programme.
- Responsible with organising erection programmes.
- Responsible for ensuring site programmes are achieved
- Ensures all Kilsaran products are erected to a high standard and Quality control expectations are achieved.
- Coordinating with Contractors to ensure site targets are met
- Attending meetings with contractors to agree programmes, bench marking, finishes
- Snag lists
- Liaise with Health and Safety:
- Development of H&S manuals for all site operations to include
- Lift plans
- Safe Systems of Work
- Best Practice
Qualifications & Experience
- Recognised 3rd level qualification in a Construction related discipline such as Civil Engineering or Construction Management one is essential. (Level 8 preferred).
- Recognised membership of relevant professional body/bodies.
- Previous significant customer interfacing experience is essential. Along with a proven ability to create and maintain positive relationships and a commercial focus.
- Excellent Working knowledge of various forms of Construction Contracts.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lead and manage a team of experienced Sub-contractors, and motivate and work with internal and external service providers.
- Proven track record of financial management and budgetary control, and of identifying and realising opportunities for cost reduction and/or income generation.
- Exceptional IT and report writing skills. Full proficiency in MS Office including MS Project is required. Familiarity with Business Information Systems is expected.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Proven ability to confidently and positively present at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
Character & Personal Qualities
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills. A positive and supportive team player.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and calmness in difficult situations.
- Results oriented professional who thrives in a high workload position where complex problem solving is frequently required.
- Reliable, trustworthy and an excellent time-keeper.
- Ability to work in a high-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Well organised and detail oriented professional.
Must have own transport as our sites are not accessible by public transport. On-site parking available.