Industry: Planning & Environment
Closing Date: 28-06-2019
An exciting opportunity to join Ireland’s leading independent manufacturer of concrete construction materials. We are currently looking for an experienced Geologist to join our multi-disciplined team of professionals in our Estates and Planning & Environment Department based in our Head Office in Co. Meath.
The position includes locating, identifying, investigating and evaluating mineral resources (bulk construction materials) to expand the reserves base of the company. Activities will entail extensive field work including geophysics, trial pitting, drilling supervision and core logging.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3rd level Degree in Geology.
- Economic Geology, Geophysics and/or Hydrogeology modules beneficial.
- 1 – 5 years post-graduate experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong technical knowledge and demonstrable experience of site investigation design and supervision.
- Exceptional IT skills, in particular an excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and LSS.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey complex issues both written and oral.
- Excellent mathematical and numerical skills.
Character and Personal Qualities
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills that is comfortable working in a collaborative and cross-functional work environment.
- Results oriented professional who thrives in a high workload position where complex problem solving is frequently required.
- Well organised and detail oriented professional.
- All Applications to email@example.com