We’re currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of Senior Geotechnical Engineer at our Dublin office in Churchtown. The applicant should have a minimum of eight years geotechnical engineering experience, should be qualified to a master’s degree level and be a Chartered Engineer. The applicant should have experience of (i) supervising junior engineers, (ii) completing geotechnical interpretive reporting, (iii) soil-structure interaction and completing projects on time and in-budget.
The position will involve:
- Managing complex projects
- Developing the expertise of more junior staff
- Geotechnical Interpretation
- Soil-Structure Interaction Analysis
- Tendering for work
- Liaising with existing clients and developing contacts with new clients
Technical details of projects may involve:
- Scoping and Specifying site investigations
- Geotechnical interpretation for onshore and offshore site investigations
- Selecting design parameters and undertaking advanced geotechnical analysis
- Geotechnical and Foundation design for civil, structural, infrastructure, offshore and renewable projects
- Technical report writing
- Preparing technical tenders for new projects and general business development
- Preparation of contract documents and specifications
- Completing design drawing and mapping
- Management and Supervision of ground investigations
- Contract administration, construction supervision and site inspections
- Day to day coordination and management of design work among junior engineering staff
- Project management to ensure delivery within time, budget and quality constraints
- Client interface and company representation at meetings
- Quality Control and Health and Safety Management (PSDP)
The position will primarily be based in the Dublin office (Churchtown) but will involve some travel in Ireland, the UK and central Europe for meetings, site inspections and construction supervision.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Min 8 years experience in Geotechnical analysis and design
- Chartered status with Engineers Ireland, or ICE
- Detailed Geotechnical Design Experience
- Experience of public works contracts
- A MSc degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
- Experience and proficiency with technical report writing and presentations
- A full clean drivers licence.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
How to Apply / Contact:
Applications including CV should be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.